Monday, February 7, 2011

Diet diet diet! I need to re-focus!

My diet has been absolutely horrible.

Trying to be moderate is actually harder than being really strict.  It's probably a psychological thing.  Eating a cookie or having a few chips or eating rice are invitations to disaster.  So, I'm turning back to my more extreme eating methods.

One thing I'm going to try is eating the same or similar meals everyday.  It's not as hard as one might think. The trick is to re-frame food as fuel and not as a source of pleasure.

This isn't to say that taste doesn't matter, because it does.  If the fuel (food) tastes bad then it becomes torture.  So, it needs to be moderately tasty even as it is viewed as fuel.

I'm also falling back on my protein shakes.  So many people I've met think its junk.  My response is simple - you can't argue with my results.  When I add protein drinks in place of some meals I get results.  I lose weight, I get stronger and my running is solid.

No comments:

Post a Comment