Thursday, May 28, 2015

HIIT Added; Getting My Knee Fixed

It's been a rough time.

Without running as a mainstay I've felt blah.

Over the last 14 months I've packed on solid muscle, but I've also added about 10 pounds of fat and that is proving to be very hard to reverse.

Yesterday I went to the gym to try something new: HIIT.  That stands for high intensity interval training.

I jogged on the treadmill for 1.25 miles to warm up, and then I did a little HIIT on the elliptical machine and the stationary bike.  On the elliptical I did 10 minutes of 1:1 (one minute of high intensity, 1 minute of regular intensity).  On the stationary bike I did 5 minutes of HIIT using the 1:1 ratio as well.

I was definitely tired afterwards.  I liked it. I'm going to do this more regularly in my workouts going forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment