Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Running Outside - It's Finally Back!

I went outside for a 2.5 mile run yesterday after work, and I felt great! It's been about 3.5 months of treadmill running (I did get out a few weeks ago for a 1 miler), so to actually be moving as I ran was refreshing!

I let myself run at a relaxed pace of 12 min/mile. I finished in 30 minutes and 6 seconds. I followed up the roadwork with a 1 mile run on the treadmill and then 10 minutes on the stationary bike.

My first "race" is the Shamrock Shuffle 8K on April 10 followed by another 8K in Washington, DC on April 23. I have a half marathon scheduled for May 15.

I'll shoot for 5 miles outside this weekend. this year I'm going to try adding miles weekly by supplementing the roadwork with extra treadmill miles.

Now it's time to clean up the diet as well. I'm looking forward to a very productive year!


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment