Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Day 24 in Ramadan - a little run down but still going

Today is the 24th consecutive day of fasting for me.  I've run 67 miles as of yesterday.  I'm going to try to knock out another 5 today.  My goal is 80 miles by the end of Monday, 8/29/11.  It looks good so far (for hitting my goal).

I am feeling very run down, however, and that manifested itself yesterday as I was trying to do hanging cleans (a version of a clean but instead of lifting the barbell from the ground I let the bar hang just below my knees).  I can usually go up to 135 pounds for reps but yesterday I was at about 115 pounds and struggled to get the weight up without losing my footing.

Also, getting myself onto the road, track, treadmill or weight room is tougher and tougher with each passing day.  I'm not missing workouts.  I'm just fighting with myself to get me started.


No comments:

Post a Comment