Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Ramadan's 80 miles and $3000 (and more) in charity: DONE!

It was tough, but I thank God and all my family and friends for helping me achieve this small goal I set for myself during Ramadan 2011!  I completed the 80 miles while fasting and my family, friends and even complete strangers, donated over $3500 to The Miracle Foundation to help orphans in India.

A very special thank you has to go to The Daily Herald newspaper and to Madhu Krishnammurthy, a reporter for this paper.  Madhu heard about what I was trying to do via Facebook (we're friends on Facebook) and she did a story about it.  That story was the key to getting the word out.  I know it made a huge difference because the day before the story was published the donations were at about $700 and it was already about 10 days into Ramadan.  Once Madhu's story came out the donations started pouring in!

This is a shot from the article on the Daily Herald's website
The folks at The Miracle Foundation have been very kind.  They've heaped a ton of praise on me.  It feels great but it's really more than I deserve.  It was a small effort on my part, my family, friends and complete strangers were then ones who donated all the money and the folks at The Miracle Foundation are the ones doing to good work.

This is a partial snapshot of a thank you card I received from the folks at The Miracle Foundation:


I'm truly grateful to God for making it possible for me to be able to run like this at this point in my life.  



No comments:

Post a Comment