Thursday, June 28, 2012

I'm back to the blog!

Lifting Weights @ Prairie Stone
Wellness Center in Hoffman Estates

This has been an interesting year!  I've been away from this blog for almost 6 months.  Fortunately, my absence from the blog is not because I have not been working out.

This year I resolved to work on both my running and my weight training.  In my youth I did a lot of heavy lifting.  In the last few years I've developed my running skills.  This year I wanted to see if I could work on both fitness goals simultaneously.

So far so good!

I've curtailed my running.  I'm running about 10 to 12 miles per week and lifting 3 to 4 times per week.  On some training days I run and lift weights.

Although max lifts are not my focus, I  cannot resist testing myself on my favorite exercise - the bench press!  I'm at 275 lb max bench press.  I did this a few weeks back at a body weight of 205 lbs.  That's way off from the "glory days"!

Back in 1989 I achieved a max bench press of 305 lbs at a body weight of approximately 185 lbs.  I'm not sure if I can get back down to 185 lbs (I'll address that in another post), but I think I can get up to 305 lbs again.

I'm really enjoying the combination of running and weight lifting.  I feel great!


No comments:

Post a Comment