Friday, April 23, 2010

New shoes, comfortable feet, better runs!


Yesterday I went to Dick Pond Athletics store in Schaumburg, Illinois.  I wanted to talk to some knowledge folks about running shoes, and maybe buy a new pair.  I bought the Asics Gel - 1150 running shoes after an 1 hour in the store.

First of all, I highly recommend the store because they have everything and they're very helpful!  I believe the person who worked with me last night is named Phil.  He looked at my walking patterns, we looked at video of my jogging on a treadmill (in their store!) and we went through about 8 or 9 different shoes of varying qualities (stability, cushioning, etc).  There was zero pressure to buy.  I never said I was going to buy anything when I first walked in.  Of all the shoes Phil showed me, the one we finally agreed on wasn't the most expensive ones I had tested out.

Secondly, the excitment and the psychological impact of having new running shoes paid dividends immediately (and perhaps the mechanics of the shoe as well).  I went out for a run last night after sunset.  I ran 3.27 miles in 38 minutes.  That is my best time so far and my first 5K isn't until 5/31/10!  Also, I know I had enough energy to go another 1/2 mile at least.  I decided to stop because I didn't want to overdo it.

Today is a weight lifting day but I hope to be back on the road on Saturday morning for another round of running with my new Asics Gel - 1150s!

No comments:

Post a Comment