Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Great workouts the last 4 days!

That's 205 pounds for 10 to 15 reps (but not to failure)!
Well, at least I can bench press the equivalent of my body weight for reps now.  I'm still stuck in the 205 to 210 pound range in terms of body weight.  Yesterday I worked out with 205 pounds on the bench press for a lot of reps.  I'm not lifting to failure at home since I don't have a spotter.

This evening, as part of my Running for Relief - Help the Pakistan Flood Victims fundraising effort, I ran 4.26 miles on the treadmill.  I told a friend at the office about my plan to run 30 miles in the last 10 days of Ramadan.  He wasn't impressed.  He thought I should shoot for 50 miles.

We'll see what can be done about hitting the 50 mile mark by the end of the day on September 9, 2010 (the last of the 10 final days of Ramadan).  Today, however, I did run 4.26 miles.  I'll give a nod to my marathon-running, car-restoring, model building, I-don't-want-to-socialize-with-people-in-the-office friend for pushing me.  He was right.  I hit 3 miles even while fasting without too much trouble.

It took a while because I started out slow...
After running I rode the stationary bike for 30 minutes.  I just wanted to do something else for my legs to keep them from getting too tight.  Later in the evening, as we put the kids to bed, I did some stretching.  I should be okay to run again tomorrow.

Well, it's getting late and I have to be up again at 3:45am to eat my pre-daybreak meal so its off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment