Sunday, September 19, 2010

Eating, eating and more eating... Time to re-focus!

Ugh!  I've been on a horrible, junk food/fast food eating binge over the past 10 days!  Thankfully I've been working out a lot so the negative impact of the horrible eating has been somewhat muted.

This has to stop right now though.  Even though the eating isn’t impacting my weight, the empty calories can’t be helping my training efforts for the November 27th half-marathon!

I completed the first week of training.  I ran 2 miles on Monday, 3 miles on Tuesday, 3 miles on Thursday and 6 miles on Saturday.  I was supposed to run 4 miles on Thursday but I had an appointment that night and I was pushing it by doing even the 3 miles.  I consider the first week’s training a success.

Starting tomorrow my diet will return to a more healthy selection of foods.  I’m betting on that helping my training.

One thing I’ve gotten away from these past 10 days is consumption of my dietary supplements.  I haven’t been using the protein drinks and that’s been a huge mistake.  What I realize now, after a 10 day hiatus from them, is that the protein shakes provided more than just a concentrated and convenient source of protein - they also took care of my sweet tooth as well!

Also, in Ramadan I was eating a very good breakfast everyday.  During these last 10 days since the end of Ramadan I’ve slipped back into the bad habit of skipping breakfast.  Without breakfast I found myself famished by lunch time and since there was no reason not to eat lunch, I’ve indulged in some rather fattening foods with huge portion sizes!  Starting tomorrow morning it’s back to a solid breakfast.

These last 10 days were a good respite from the otherwise slightly rigorous regimen I’ve been following.  Now that I’ve gotten my tastes for burgers and pizza satiated, I can resume the consumption of healthier fare!

As a short-term goal I’d like to drop to 200 pounds by October 1, 2010.  That’s about 8 pounds in 2 weeks.  I can do it.  That, coupled with the continuation of my half-marathon training, will be my focus over the next two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment