Friday, September 24, 2010

Not so intense strength training session / TCU vs. SMU Game Watch!

Tonight, a Friday night, was to be a strength training session.  I did it but it wasn't easy.

My in-laws came over and then some of their family friends dropped by and I was really eager to watch the TCU vs. SMU football game this evening as well.  I found a way to fit it all in!

While the strength training session wasn't as intense and focused as I'd like, I still got in a decent work out. I also watched the game.  I was pulling for SMU to upset TCU.  TCU didn't cover the 17.5 point spread so I got my point (I put down 1 confidence point on SMU beating the spread) but an outright win would've been a lot better.

She means well... and is perhaps a bit excited...
I worked on my chest, shoulders and triceps this evening.  I performed barbell bench presses (flat bench), dumbbell incline presses, dumbbell shoulder presses and tricep pushdowns.  I also did several sets of sit ups.

Tomorrow morning is my long run.  I'm scheduled to run 7.5 miles.  I'm nervous.  I've never run this far before.  I'm certain I can do it.  I'm anxious to see how it feels.

I'll share the results of the run tomorrow afternoon.  I'm going to do the run tomorrow morning.  The Iowa Hawkeyes football game kicks off at 11am so I need to be done, at home, showered and in front of the tv by 11am!  I'll post something about the run at half-time or after the game!

Go Hawkeyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment