Saturday, October 15, 2011

10 + miles run today (the goal was 9 miles)


Today's goal was a 9 mile run.  I went to bed at 10pm last night so that I could be well rested.  The rest worked.  I finished up the workout with over 10 miles.

As I was getting ready this morning my kids asked to run with me.  That is music to my ears.  After all, part of the idea for working out and getting in shape is to be a role model for my children.

We warmed up in the driveway and then headed out.  I was impressed.  The little guys ran 1/3 of a mile with me!  I took them back into the house and then headed out to the local forest preserve for my 9 mile run (4.5 miles out and then back again).

My 9 miler was good.  I stayed focused, was rested and was dressed just right for the cool temperature.  The wind didn't pick up until the return leg of my run and at times it was at my back and other times I ran against it.

I felt good by the time I got home.  When I walked in the door it turned out the older kids wanted to run too.  So, being the good father that I am, I took them out for a 1.15 mile run around the neighborhood.

And that run put me over the 10 mile mark!

I feel great, and I know it is a blessing to be able to be this active.  I'm so glad I decided to get back in shape!

No comments:

Post a Comment