Friday, October 14, 2011

Jumping rope adds to strength training workouts

Tonight (Friday night) I added rope work to my strength training.  It felt good.

Because I workout alone and don't have a spotter when I lift weights, I rarely lift to failure on some of the big lifts.  That means, at least for me, a reduction in the overall intensity of the workout.

By jumping rope in between sets I was able to get my heart rate up and work up a good sweat too.  It isn't the first time I've done, this but it is something I plan on doing regularly from here on out.

The Friday night workout focused on chest and shoulders.  The exercises were a barbell bench press, barbell shoulder press (from a hanging clean movement), upright rows, dumbbell side raises and a barbell dead lift.  I jumped rope in between sets.

The workout lasted about 1.25 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment