Thursday, February 18, 2010

Some weight loss would be nice...

For the first time in a long time I didn't make a resolution to get in shape at the start of the new year. Oddly enough, this year has been the best start in a long time vis-a-vis my exercise and diet regimen.

Even though I've started to eat better and my workouts have been consistent throughout January and to date, I am not losing any weight. I know this because the scale doesn't lie. I'm tempted to convince myself that I'm losing fat and building muscle and that's the reason for the constant weight, but my clothes don't lie either! They fit the same as they did at the beginning of the year.

I've resisted the urge to do anything extreme like the 14 days diets advertised at stores like GNC (see here and here for examples) and I've avoided the Atkins Diet (which worked marvelously well for me a few years ago but only as short-term fix). But a little weight loss would be nice. Most importantly at this stage, a little weight loss would help me stay motivated.

No comments:

Post a Comment