Wednesday, March 17, 2010

MIA from the Blog but not from the fitness effort!

I've been bad about keeping up with the blog - that's bad! But I've been right on top of my diet and work out - that's great!

I am down to 234 (from 249 at the end of January 2010) as of 3/16/10! In past efforts that amount of weight loss was had in half the time but I feel like this go-around is more sustainable. I've had some very fattening meals here and there (mostly the result of family gatherings featuring fat and starch rich Indian foods) and I've still managed to drop the pounds nonetheless!

I'm lifting weights and jogging on the treadmill about 5 (sometimes 6) times per week. I don't actually jog that much - it is usually 3 to 4 times per week - but I do get some form of cardio in each work out day. My alternatives to jogging on the treadmill are the stationary bike and the elliptical machine.

I've started eating protien at breakfast. I'm making 2 or 3 eggs (cooked without any fat) and drinking 8 to 12 ounces of skim milk in the morning along with my vitamins. During the day I eat some unsalted/raw nuts (usually almonds, sometimes walnuts and cashews too), I drink a bunch of water and I also consume a bowl of Quaker Oats "weight control" maple and brown sugar instant oatmeal (made with water) and a protien shake made with 12 ounces of skim millk.

My dinners are very good - lean meats (usually chicken or fish) and a large serving of green veggies (usually steamed). This has worked well!

The only drawback I'm seeing is that I feel very tired during the day and sometimes it distracts me from getting into the gym. I have been excellent about getting into the gym and I haven't let my feeling of tiredness get in the way yet! I'm guessing that the tiredness is the result of the low carb, limited calorie intake.

My goal is to be down to 225 by 4/15/10 (which means I need to lose another 9 lbs over the next month)!

No comments:

Post a Comment