Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Lean protien and green veggies are the way to go at night

I've been trying to eat chicken and fish with green vegetables at dinner. This has improved how I feel and has increased my weight loss. As I had suspected, the starchy dinners were very counter-productive to all the good things I've been doing throughout the day vis-a-vis diet and exercise.

The problem will be preparation. I simply do not have the time to make creative dishes. I get home and I have an hour to make and eat dinner with my family. That's not a lot of time! For now I'm not bored so let's wait and see.

During the day I need to eat more. I've been eating a banana and the two cups of oatmeal (one cup at a time - one in the AM and one in the PM at work). I eat about 10 to 20 raw almonds throughout the work day as well and I drink about 64 ounces of water. The hunger is distracting from my workout focus. This is the biggest problem. I'm going to try adding a turkey sandwich and maybe some soup into the diet throughout the day.

I weighed in today at the gym. Even despite eating a lot on Friday and Saturday, I still lost weight since the last weigh in. In the last 30 days it looks like I've lost about 10 lbs. That's great. If I can do the same thing (another 10 lbs) by March 31, then I'll really be doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment