Monday, March 29, 2010

Weekend Update: Lots of eating, some exercise

Same story...

I ate out Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday night. And it was greasy, tasty and carb and starch-rich.

Friday night, after coming home from a family night out (dinner and bowling at Pinstripes in South Barrington) I jumped on the stationary bike for two sets of 20 minute rides while watching TV. I doubt the 40 minute work out burned all the extra calories I consumed but at least it got my metabolism moving post-heavy meal.

I had a good food day on Saturday during the daytime. I went to X-Sport Fitness in South Barrington in the afternoon where I ran for 60 minutes on the treadmill. I ran at a slow pace - 4.2 mph - but with a 0.5 incline for the first 45 minutes and then I eliminated the incline for the rest of the run. It turned out to be a little more than 4 miles. I did 3 sets of Smith-machine squats with very light weights (50 lbs).

Saturday night was the killer though. I went out with my brother to celebrate his birthday. We went to Five Guys in Schaumburg where I had a regular cheeseburger (1/2 lb). My brother and I split an order of regular fries so that was sort of good. After watching a movie (where we didn't eat or drink anything) we stopped at Taco Bell where I ate a steak burrito supreme. After hanging out at a hookah lounge in Schaumburg for a few hours we capped off the night with a trip to White Castle where I ate 4 cheeseburgers and a small order of fries.

On Sunday, again in the daytime it was very healthy. For breakfast I had the Quaker Oats "weight control" oatmeal and a banana. At lunch I had a chicken sandwich with some fries (not the greatest I know). In the late afternoon I went running outside - I ran/walked for 30 minutes with my daughter. Then, I ran for another 20 minutes straight - all outside.

That was a good workout but then we went to Golden Corral for dinner. I ate some lean beef and a salad but I also had corn and dessert.

Alas, another bad weekend...

No comments:

Post a Comment