Friday, October 8, 2010

Next up: 10 Miler!

Tomorrow morning I'm going for a 10 mile run.  I've never run double-digit miles.  I'm ready.

Instead of running in the forest preserve, I'm going to run 4 laps in my neighborhood (with each one being 2.50 miles).  I expect it to take 2 hours (or a bit more).

I'm running in the neighborhood because I'm slightly nervous about this distance.  I ran 7.5 miles two weeks ago and it was fine, but there is something about the "1-0" number together that concerns me.  By running in the neighborhood I'll be able to be close to home in the event I don't feel well.

The run will be harder because there are some up and down hill stretches.  The forest preserve, by comparison, is very flat.  When I get this run finished I'll feel a lot more confident about my ability to do the half marathon in November!

No comments:

Post a Comment