Sunday, October 3, 2010

Bad week of training

I came down with the flu last Sunday.  I didn't actually realize it was the flu until about Monday evening.  I missed my scheduled runs on Monday and Tuesday of this week and didn't actually get back into it until Thursday night (Wednesday is a day off anyhow).  On Thursday I ran 2.5 miles.

I intended to run on Friday but I allowed myself to miss it so that we could accept a last minute invite to my sister-in-law's house for dinner.  I hate that I let myself do that!

Saturday morning I ran 5 miles.  I was supposed to do 5.5 miles.  This coming Saturday I'm scheduled to run 9 miles.  I'm definitely going to have to get geared up for a good week of training!

I'm going to run and lift weights tonight to purge my body of all the crap I put into it yesterday and today will attending the Iowa vs. Penn State football game in Iowa City, IA.  Good times for sure but way too unhealthy!

1 comment:

  1. Hey just found your blog...have dropped 50 lbs in the last year (in my 50's)...195 bodyweight...my run schedule sounds like yours.

    Take a look at my blog and follow me, if you would.

    Thanks and good luck on the half-marathon goal.

    ReplyDelete