Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Getting ready for a 12 + Mile Run

I've finally reached the point in my training where I need to run a 12 + mile run.  Gulp!

This weekend I did a 7.5 mile long run because it was a "step-down" week.  This weekend I'm supposed to run 12 miles or more.  Two weekends ago I did 11.20 miles so 12 miles should not be too hard.  If I decide to try for more then it may become harder.

My diet has been absolutely horrid.  I've been eating junk food and fast food quite a bit.  It has been so bad that I've been gaining weight but it certainly isn't helping me get stronger.

I have a bit of a challenge this week (above and beyond running 12 + miles).  We're going to Michigan on Saturday morning.  I'm not going to be able to run on Saturday morning.  It looks like I'm going to have to run on Friday after work.  That's not only not ideal, it is horrible.  I don't know if I'll have the energy to do it.

I may need to take a half day on Friday to allow myself time to get my run in.  If I can started by 3pm then I can be done just as it is getting dark.  I'll probably run the large neighborhood loop (2.46 miles per), because the forest preserve closes at sunset and I'd like to not be in the middle of the preserves when it gets dark!

Once I finish this week's long run I will not have any more long runs until the half marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment