Thursday, November 18, 2010

Strong workout at Xsport Fitness

I went to XSport Fitness on Tuesday night for a workout.  I accomplished exactly what I set out to get done.  I warmed up with a 1 mile run.  Next I went to the free weights and did barbell bench presses, lat pulldowns and seated behind the neck military presses.  Then I wrapped up the workout with a 2 mile run on the treadmill.

My highpoint of the workout was during my bench presses.  I worked my way up to 245 lbs.  I got a spot from one of the young guys working out nearby.  I was able to get 8 reps without any help from my spotter.  Afterwards the young kid said "Dude, you're pretty strong."

I came home and told my wife.  I narrated the progression of weights and the spot I got and the statement the young kid made.  Without so much as a moment of reflection my wife said "He meant strong for an old guy."  Doh!

No comments:

Post a Comment